Sunday, December 1, 2013

Carl Larsson "In the Corner" Digital Scrapbook Paper

Carl Larsson was a Swedish painter who lived from 1853 to 1919. He's best known for his gorgeous water colors in the "Ett Hem" (At Home) picture book. Most of his paintings illustrated his family's idyllic countryside life and had an enormous influence on Swedish interior design for future generations. I've taken his print, "In the Corner" (From Ett Hem 1894) and extended it into a 12x12" 300dpi digital scrapbook page. I also created a matching stripe paper to go with it. I really think I'd like to cut out the space where the pictures on the wall are and insert my pictures there... The best part is Larsson knew geometry (That or he was skilled with a ruler.) so I can cut out those spaces with a simple rectangular marquee PSE tool. This painting has a little boy (cropped out on my paper) presumably in the corner because he's in trouble. The painting is located in the National Museum in Stockholm.
In Google Docs/Drive choose file and download to download the zip of these two papers.


119CarlLarssonInTheCorner



Freebies:
    
    

No comments: